10 Reasons Why You Should Go and See Slixs
1)Extraordinary. They begin the vocal journey with a classical chant, layer after layer of enchanting vocal honey and cream with an erratic Karsten shouldering his old suitcase wandering busily and aimlessly from Point A to B. From the Get Go …superb musicianship, slightly eccentric, state of art.
2) The orchestration of a common cold. Sniffs, coughs, snorts, throat-clearing in a 6 part groove . Not at all snotty!
3) Choral Body percussion. A masterpiece … Intricate and precise. Groovt wie Sau!
4) Bobby McFerrin chose Slixs to sing VOCAbuLarieS with him on his European tour. Need I say more?
5) Check out the shoes! That’s where the color is. There’s something very sensual about well dressed, good looking singers in tailored, understated clothing but extravagant shoes!
6) Hear a full conversation in vocal percussion and background syllables accompanied by spot-on facial expressions and body language. Priceless!
7) French never grooved like this before. No wonder Le Mouvement won the CARA for Best Folk/ World Song.
8) They sing in every position possible in a suit and skirt. Standing in a row to sing is so yesterday!
9) Watch the Beatboxer dance ballet, the Bass “twerk”, the Alto transform from Hamburg’s autumn to Paris in Spring, journey from the sounds of the ocean to the jungle , meet aliens, robots and shadow dancers and remind yourself that whatever you hear, it is always the accomplished unbelievable a cappella Slixs sound.
10) Have you ever smiled so inanely that your cheeks cramp? Have you hesitated to clap for fear of destroying the magic moment? Be prepared for harmonic eargasms, wave after wave of goose pimples, soulful seduction, neck snapping groove especially from Thomas and Konrad, awesome arrangements by Michael Eimann, spot on staging and lighting by Jack. Forget Prince and Esperanza.. It’s Gregorio Hernández and Katharina Debus. You may even get a present if you’re lucky ;-) Jens Johansen thanked them for an amazing and mind-blowing show! That’s a knighthood! A cappella Festivals listen up…we want SLIXS!!!