Join LEOsings in Freiburg, March 5th-8th!
How do we sing in Europe? How do we teach singing? What do we sing?
From the insight that giving people the opportunity to meet peers from different cultures and countries helps to improve the quality and mutual understanding, experts from five countries and eight partners have joined in the two-year cooperation project “LEOsings!”.
After successful meetings in Barcelona (Spain), Aalborg (Denmark) and Tours (France), the fourth out of five project meetings will take place in Freiburg (Germany) from March 5th to 8th, 2015. This session is hosted by The European Voices Association (EVA) addressing the topic of “Cooperation an Networks in European Vocal Music”.
EVA cordially invites choir conductors, arrangers, composers, singers, teachers and organizers from all over Europe to join the project partners’ representatives. The three-and-a-half days conference has three main themes:
- What’s already out there? Analyzing the European vocal music infrastructure by best practice examples, musical presentations, expert panels and the collective building of a European vocal music map
- What’s the challenge? What’s in it for me? Discussing the trials and tribulations, the joy and the satisfaction of singers, conductors and organizers in their everyday business as well as presenting a toolbox for vocal music activists
- Shaping the future of European vocal music. Introducing innovative ways of singing together. Reviewing LEOsings and taking networking to the next level
EVA offers non-project partners to participate at the conference for a special fee of EUR 150 plus catering expenses. The fee includes all lectures, workshops and performances of the LEOsings session. On Saturday, 7th of March, we offer concert tickets to the album launch concert of one of the finest European jazz and pop choirs, Jazzchor Freiburg, conducted by Bertrand Gröger. (ticket price: EUR 20)
If you are interested in an intense experience and exchange with top vocal music teachers and organizers, this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss. Just download the info and registration documents via EVA’s website and feel free to contact the following people if you have questions:
- Registration and Guest Management: Karin Mueller, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artistic Direction and Programme: Tobias Hug, email@example.com
- Event Management, Freiburg Host: Florian Städtler firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in Freiburg!